This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PC Prone poll-Pro`s and Con`s-

I usually never post here so this may be my first idk.

All I have to say is....CS and CSS have never had prone to their game and people still love the game.

...and btw, its more skillful if there is no prone because you dont have prone spam whores that jump and prone quickly. I do not care either way because that does not make or break a game. I have been playing css since the day it came out and was not bothered by no prone just because i realized...Hey now i actually have to use tactics now and strafing to kill my opponent then just um.. jump prone jump prone jump prone.

/Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 0Zero
      I usually never post here so this may be my first idk.

All I have to say is....CS and CSS have never had prone to their game and people still love the game.

...and btw, its more skillful if there is no prone because you dont have prone spam whores that jump and prone quickly. I do not care either way because that does not make or break a game. I have been playing css since the day it came out and was not bothered by no prone just because i realized...Hey now i actually have to use tactics now and strafing to kill my opponent then just um.. jump prone jump prone jump prone.

/Thread
      Haven't played it myself, but does CSS still have hitscan ballistics and client-side hit detection like CS does? If so, it can't really compare to BF2/BF2142's bullet physics since strafing isn't always a reliable way to kill someone due to server side hit detection, bullets that have velocity, and of course the ever-present hitreg issues. Prone was used a lot in BF2 because it provided instant accuracy (a mistake now mostly corrected by 1.5). So long as its properly balanced and most gunfights don't need to be started by pressing the z button prone can be included. If they can't implement it properly, then it should be left out.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
        Haven't played it myself, but does CSS still have hitscan ballistics and client-side hit detection like CS does? If so, it can't really compare to BF2/BF2142's bullet physics since strafing isn't always a reliable way to kill someone due to server side hit detection, bullets that have velocity, and of course the ever-present hitreg issues. Prone was used a lot in BF2 because it provided instant accuracy (a mistake now mostly corrected by 1.5). So long as its properly balanced and most gunfights don't need to be started by pressing the z button prone can be included. If they can't implement it properly, then it should be left out.
        I do not know exactly thats a good question. No one should base whether or not having prone to the way battlefield 2 was. I understand prone was needed because of the hitregs. It should not be a game breaker at all. and i agree if they cant implement it properly dont do it at all. Either way it does not matter to me since i usually do not use prone a lot since i am a run and gun sniper and i am always moving. as i have done so with the awp in css lol.

Just do not, not get the game if they do not have prone because with fully destructible environments its going to be a pretty kickass game and give MW2 a run for its money.

Comment

Bump for those who havent vioced there views already! more PRO prone movement before release the better if dice is listening to us?

Comment

Just so you know one of the devs posted on the ea forums about prone saying that he wasn't involved in the decision for prone being omitted but he said that he knew that there was no way prone was going to be added into the game. So I think your efforts will prove to be in vain.

I will try and find a link to the post.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenMachine
              Just so you know one of the devs posted on the ea forums about prone saying that he wasn't involved in the decision for prone being omitted but he said that he knew that there was no way prone was going to be added into the game. So I think your efforts will prove to be in vain.

I will try and find a link to the post.
              yeah may be too late ,not much time left?

Comment

What about if we want suppressive fire with an LMG? No way you can do that without going prone. Other than that, I can't really think of any time you would want to go prone in modern warfare.

Comment

A couple of points.

First, to all those who like to complain about dolphin divers by calling it a "no skill maneuver". You couldnt be further from the truth. The APM (actions per minute) of someone who dolphin dives around and takes shots at people while doing so, is considerably higher than of the typical "slow" player who likes to use realism as an argument to add weight to his complaints. APM is a direct measure of skill, and if someone tells me I was "skilless" back in BF2 pre 1.2, when the freedom of engine gave me the ability to engage full squads at flags, by myself, I would have to do some slapping.

Secondly, prone in BF has saved more lives than penicillin. Taking prone away will not make the game faster, considering that the players now have to hide much "deeper" and "further" from the armor, thus slowing the game down considerably when infantry is around armor. If BF2BC was purely an infantry game? Sure, knock yourselves out. But its not, prone is one of the fundamental defenses against threats with force multipliers (armor, vehicles, artillery).

I can understand the logic, that the game is going to be too slow on consoles. But consoles play fundamentally different from the PC, and COD4 has shown that too many times.

Comment

That "i hate dolphin divers" is so stupid. theyr even easyer to kill than a standing person.
                    if u really know how to play bf, u know what they gonna do and in wich circunstances they will, so its pretty easy to know were they will land, and then they are on the ground u wont hit theyr legs, u will hit the face and the chest, wich makes it even easyer.
                    the dolphin dive is not a excuse for not including prone, synce now in the new patch its mutch easyer to kill someone when you crouch instead of prone.

and its pretty easy to dont make people spam dolphin dive in your front, like: add a lot of recoil when and after u dolphindive
                    make it take some time to stand up after dolphin diving.

I understand that sometime ago dolphin diving was constant in bf2, but now, the " i dont like dolhin diving" thing is just nonsence, synce now theyr mutch easyer to kill than if they stand, you just gotta understand how the battlefield works

And battlefield has it way of beeing, if you dont like and you want to make it like CS or smth, dont do it please, keep playing your CS or whatever thing you do.
                    The future is the way to go, would you play a game with graphics from 1999 and no prone no vehicles no leap ( well i dont care about leap, i think bf woud suck with leap), so dont tell me that some games should remove these types of things that have been evoluting during the years.
                    Ah and think about this: What about if they remove crouch and keep the prone. So basicaly ur just able to prone and stand. Its stupid right? Thats how i feel about not beeing able to prone and just crouch.

I agree about removing prone in consoles, there arent has many options as in a pc, like buttons and it is harder to aim, synce ur using a joystick and consoles are limited to a certain resolution, so with a controler trying to hit a target wich is proned and is really far away,just filling up a few pixels, that might unbalance the game.But that doesnt happen in the pc.

these are the reasons Wich i think it is nonsence not to add prone on the pc.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                      That "i hate dolphin divers" is so stupid. theyr even easyer to kill than a standing person.
                      if u really know how to play bf, u know what they gonna do and in wich circunstances they will, so its pretty easy to know were they will land, and then they are on the ground u wont hit theyr legs, u will hit the face and the chest, wich makes it even easyer.
                      the dolphin dive is not a excuse for not including prone, synce now in the new patch its mutch easyer to kill someone when you crouch instead of prone.
                      Ouch, spelling

I disagree with them being easier to kill than a standing person. You're just saying that to brag, but I understand what you mean. You're just saying they're not much harder to kill than somebody standing.

and its pretty easy to dont make people spam dolphin dive in your front, like: add a lot of recoil when and after u dolphindive
                      make it take some time to stand up after dolphin diving.
                      BF2142

I understand that sometime ago dolphin diving was constant in bf2, but now, the " i dont like dolhin diving" thing is just nonsence, synce now theyr mutch easyer to kill than if they stand, you just gotta understand how the battlefield works
                      But it's not dolphin diving, since it can't be done anymore. (Spelling again )

And battlefield has it way of beeing, if you dont like and you want to make it like CS or smth, dont do it please, keep playing your CS or whatever thing you do.
                      The future is the way to go, would you play a game with graphics from 1999 and no prone no vehicles no leap ( well i dont care about leap, i think bf woud suck with leap), so dont tell me that some games should remove these types of things that have been evoluting during the years.
                      Ah and think about this: What about if they remove crouch and keep the prone. So basicaly ur just able to prone and stand. Its stupid right? Thats how i feel about not beeing able to prone and just crouch.
                      I totally hate the way players change a game to suit them, rather than finding a game that suits them from the get-go. Like COD4, as a perfect example. The gameplay has evolved too much into a console game.

I agree about removing prone in consoles, there arent has many options as in a pc, like buttons and it is harder to aim, synce ur using a joystick and consoles are limited to a certain resolution, so with a controler trying to hit a target wich is proned and is really far away,just filling up a few pixels, that might unbalance the game.But that doesnt happen in the pc.

these are the reasons Wich i think it is nonsence not to add prone on the pc.
                      Yeah no prone for consoles, the gameplay is fine for no prone. But not on a PC.

Comment

It's funny how all you PC players are like "No prone for consoles but we need it for PC". You're getting a console game for PC. So if such a gamechanger as prone (as thats what it must be if were all complaining about it not being in) then I would think that it would have to be in for consoles for it to be in for PC as well.

It's not hard to prone on a console. Generally its just the same button used for crouching as it is for going prone so button layout isn't an issue. If anything it would take a bit more time to prone on a console than it would on a PC so dolphin diving wouldn't be an issue as its practically impossible given the fixed button layouts on consoles and the way that prone works.

If you want prone for Bad Company then it has to be for all systems and not just PC otherwise were just splitting the community further over a topic that a lot of us want, whether it be for consoles or PC.

Comment

I think they ditched prone from bad company series(dunno if the first one had prone) because it's just too time consuming(or hard if you will) trying to aim with analog controller some tiny target in the distance.

And dolphin diving wouldn't be an issue. Just make the diving animation long enough(unlike bf2 where it was insta prone... retarded much?) and add in accuracy loss and none will want to dolphin dive unless their being ran over by tank.

Comment

I really don't care, they can add it if they want I wouldn't mind, I can however understand why they would perhaps remove it, this is Bad Company after all

I am going to wait and see how the game plays in the PC beta before I make a final judgement tbh

but I agree that Prone adds some much needed defensive options for avoiding armour etc

if prone were added, it would need to be like 2142 in terms of accuracy delay, if not more and it would have to stop you clipping through objects

Comment

I voted "I dont want it added" on the grounds that I have confidence that DICE will make a good game and are making decisions to that end

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                                Ouch, spelling

I disagree with them being easier to kill than a standing person. You're just saying that to brag, but I understand what you mean. You're just saying they're not much harder to kill than somebody standing.

BF2142

But it's not dolphin diving, since it can't be done anymore. (Spelling again )

I totally hate the way players change a game to suit them, rather than finding a game that suits them from the get-go. Like COD4, as a perfect example. The gameplay has evolved too much into a console game.

Yeah no prone for consoles, the gameplay is fine for no prone. But not on a PC.

yeah, sorry for the spelling there my english is not so good

has i was saying, notice the example of TCRC Ghost recon advanced warfighter 2, ive played it once in some friend of mine house, and you can dolphin dive like in bf2, and you can do some sliding if you sprint and then crouch wile sprinting,like in Americas army 3, and that dolphin diving there works pretty well, and still with dolphin diving there are no problems like there were in bf2, so dont make dolphin dive a impossible thing to fix, since it is a new engine wich has nothing to do with bf2 and bf2142 wich use the same engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X